The KS4 options process is hugely important in the school calendar, setting the path for students for the coming years and allowing them for the first time to focus on the subject which they most enjoy.
This year things will need to be different to those that have gone before. We don’t have the pleasure of welcoming students and their parents to an options evening. Furthermore, repeated lockdowns mean that many students have been working from home for extended periods so that face to face contact and advice from their teachers has been missing.
However, we will not be daunted. We have put together a series of events and information sources to ensure that students are well prepared to make sound choices. Below you can find the key dates in this process:
- Monday 1st March – Year 9 Options Booklet and mini website to go live (Please note we will send the Year 9 Options Booklet and mini website details out to all Year 9 parents/carers via email). You can view existing curriculum guides by clicking here.
- Week Commencing Monday 1st March – Year 9 reports produced.
- Wednesday 3rd – Thursday 18th March – Tutor support (Further details will follow in due course).
- Thursday 4th March – Year 9 Online Parents Consultation Meeting (Left Population).
- Tuesday 9th March – Year 9 Online Parents Consultation Meeting (Right Population).
- Thursday 18th March – Year 9 Online Parents Presentation via Google Meet (Further details will follow in due course).
- Friday 26th March – Options forms deadline.
Please ensure that you spend time thinking carefully about your option choices and if you have any questions email your Tutor, Community Leader or Subject Teachers.