SCHOOL TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS, SEPTEMBER 2020
Following the release of national guidance, we are now able to confirm school transport arrangements for September 2020.
- Bus Routes and Timetables: All school routes and timetables will run as they did prior to the lockdown with no reduced capacity due to social distancing and students should go to their bus stops as they normally do. Routes and timetables can be checked here (details also below).
- Bus Passes: New bus passes for returning students and new Year 7 students will be sent to home addresses and should be with students by the end of August.
- Seating Bubbles: Students who travel on GCC contracted routes (GCC bus pass holding students) will need to sit in their ‘year group bubbles’ on the bus. Transport operators will be given a bubble plan for each route to inform them of how many seats are required for each year group, making it clear where students need to sit.
- Face Coverings: On GCC contracted routes, face coverings must be worn whilst on the vehicle, this will also include any students brought to school by taxi. In the first week of September when GCC bus pass holding students board the vehicle they will be asked by the driver to take 2 washable face masks from a box. Students are being given 2 reusable face masks so they always have one to wear whilst the other is being washed. Students travelling on privately operated routes or public transport must also wear face covering.
- Waiting at Bus Stops: Students need to social distance from each other whilst waiting at bus stops; only students from the same household should stand together.
- Cleaning of Vehicles: Operators have increased their cleaning schedules on the vehicles – they will be thoroughly cleaned each day.
Additional guidance published 23rd September 2020:
Transport Operators and Routes:
Taylors Travel (Applegates) – Telephone:01453 810314
Route X1 (GCC Contracted Route): Berkeley, Sharpness, Halmore, Rednock School
Route X1A (GCC Contracted Route): Slimbridge, Coaley, Dursley, Rednock School
Route X3 (Privately Operated Route): Eastington, Stonehouse, The Stanleys, Frocester, Rednock School
Please Note: From September 2020 students wishing to travel to and from school on the X3 Service must register / book a seat online and purchase the desired ticket before the journey takes place. Please click here for further details.
KB Coaches – Telephone: 01453 825774
Route 346 (Privately Operated Route): Arlingham, Saul, Frampton, Whitminster, Eastington, Rednock School
Please Note: KB Coaches will be running from Friday 4th September 2020 only. No registration required. Please click here for further details. Students can continue to buy single rides and trippers from the driver.
Jackies Coaches – Telephone: 01452 720666
Route 167 (Privately Operated Route): Hardwicke, Quedgeley, Frocester, Nympsfield, Uley, Rednock School
Please Note: Parents can now opt to purchase yearly bus passes to reduce exchanging cash. If preferred, students can continue to purchase single rides and trippers from the driver and no need to pre-book a seat. Please click here for further details if you wish to purchase a yearly bus pass.
Route 61 (Public Bus Service): Bussage, Stroud, Stonehouse, Eastington, Dursley
For a copy of the route timetable and stops please click here.
Some parents may be eligible for assistance with transport costs. For detailed information on Home to School Transport contact the Admissions and Transport Team at Gloucestershire County Council on 01452 425390 or visit www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/schooltransport
Car parking is at a premium on the school site. There are visitor parking bays in the Main Car Park; otherwise there may be spaces available in the car park at the rear of the school by the Sports Centre. Please do not park on the school site to collect children at the end of the day. Please do not do “U” turns in the entrances; please park considerately in areas outside the school and do not obstruct residents’ access to their properties.
The school actively encourages cycling and provides covered bicycle storage and a limited number of helmet lockers. Please refer to the school’s Cycling Guidelines (available from the School Office) if your child wishes to cycle to school.